Just got these guys 2 days ago unexpectedly

Treefr0g

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Got these guys recently unexpectedly about two days ago, I have a tank cycling with them in a large tub doing daily water changes, do they look alright ? Anything I should know? They're about six inches ones a GFP, they told me they think they're both male and told me 5 pellets a day and gave me the pellets with them i assume they were feeding them.(they've had only about 3 each a day since getting them they mostly spit them out.. should I get something else/ be worried) I just want to 100% do what's best! Thankyou so much in advance.
IMG_20211220_091651_973.jpg
IMG_20211220_091652_126.jpg

They look fine to me. Hard to tell gender from the fotos. Mature males have a swollen cloaca. You may wish to try giving them small earthworms. There is much good information on this site - so it really pays to look around. Start here if you haven't seen this already - and good luck: Axolotls - Rearing from Egg to Adult

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back