Little worms or slugs

theblondie616

Reaction score
Country
Wales
hi every one. can any one help me? there seem to be tiny worms or slugs on the glass walls of my tank. i have no idea where they came from. they seem to have sprung up in a matter of houres. is this a nad thing? how can i get rid of them? i know like most ppl im desperate for a reply when it gomes to the health of there axie. please help

Planaria, it's from over feeding & food waste.

thanx for replying? so just lay off the feeding for a fue days? how did they get in my tank in the first place?

Keep everything clean. Clean your filter/sponges, vacuum substrate, cut down on how much is fed, clean up excess food/waste immediately after & you should notice the decrease in planaria.

They're not harmful to them though, just a nuisance. Oh, & don't turn your lights off & shine a light on the tank, you'll end up seeing the full deal as to how many of those guys there really are

This was one I found in my discus tank the other year. I scooped him out & kept him in his own tank, fed him...

planaria.jpg

There is a product out there called "No Planaria" , made from betel nut extract.

After some research and deliberation regarding the safety of using it in my axie tank, i gave it a try. Started in small doses slowly building up to the recommended dose.

It worked really well. no ill effects

Bren

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back