Local tiger update

P

paris

here is some updated stuff about my local-colorado springs-tigers, this region is that of a intergrade between barred and blotched tigers. their 55 gallon tank was a weed garden-it was hard to spot one. look real hard and you can see one in the bottom middle left-ish part of the tank
28321.jpg

ive cleaned it out-put in a few wood barriers to create a terraced set up
28322.jpg

its a bit dirty until the plants grow back a bit and the dirt gets compacted-so some of these guys are gritty little dirt monsters
28323.jpg

surprisingly i got a real good photo through all this scratched glass
28324.jpg

when i dug them all up i decided to take their photos so to get an idea on the spectrum they cover on patterns
28325.jpg

if you notice-a few of the males in the above photos have very spatulate tails for tiger-they were camped out in the small water basin (its a planter) and seem to be ready for spring -so i rounded up my prettiest male and 3 bold females-all of the blotched pattern and have these set aside to put into an aquatic set up-lets see if i can produce anything-as you can see by the photos-the females may be gravid..we'll see.....
28329.jpg

28330.jpg

here is one photo i forgot for the beginning post-its another image of the spectrum i get around here

28333.jpg

Nice setup. Wish I had some tigers. How many do you have I think I counted 8.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back