Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Meet the 3 Stooges!

Wysper

Reaction score
Meet the Three Stooges! (Mainly because I haven't named them yet)

Just picked them up, and acclimating them to the tank water before putting them in their new home. :D I'm so excited!!

Thank you Alex

Wysper

Reaction score
Well that is if I can figure out how to post pictures... lol

39502-3-stooges

Wysper

Reaction score
Rainbow. :)

Attachments

• D3FA6A36-A6A9-4E9C-8444-ACCC22B74B68.png
    D3FA6A36-A6A9-4E9C-8444-ACCC22B74B68.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 143

Wysper

Reaction score
Oh believe me I am! So far first things I think about when I wake up, and last things I think about going to sleep. Which would help since they are in my bedroom! lol

And they are sooo active. Constantly swimming laps around the tank. I love to just watch them.

tipnatee

Reaction score
They are absolutely beautiful, they're gonna be so handful I hope you are ready for that lol :D. Just make sure to constantly check them ammonia level and keep them cool ;). I used to have axie tank in my bed room before , what a face to wake up to. I can watch them all day , like seriously I won't be able to get up and walk away I had to take them out of my bedroom lol. :wacko:

Wysper

Reaction score
Well, hubby likes to "freeze" while he is sleeping. Even though we have central AC we also have a window unit in the bedroom that keeps the room between 65-68 degrees, and I keep a fan blowing so the room is the coolest room in the house.

I know that color is only showing because they are still babies and it's the blood/food/etc. under their skin and will fade in time. But it's soooo pretty.

I'm so glad I was able to get them and found Alex here on the forums!

Wysper

Reaction score
Update on my 3 Stooges! Picked up one of their albino siblings two weeks after I got the original 3.

They are getting bigger!!

Same container. :D

wysper-albums-three-stooges-picture39502-3-stooges.png

wysper-albums-three-stooges-picture40202-216.jpg

GazerOfStars

Reaction score
Wow, they've grown quite a bit! :)

That's just a temporary housing in that last picture, right? I see a tank in one of you're previous pictures, so just double checking. Axolotls need more room than what that container provides.

But, I have a hunch you just used the same container to show their growth progress :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1