Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Most surreal thing i´ve ever seen.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I just felt like i needed to post this, or else i was going to explode.
Taking a look around another forum, a spanish one, i came across this incredibe, surreal, mindblowingly stupid post:

1-urodelos? 2 triturus cristatus, 4 euryceas bislineata, 5 neugersus kaiseri,7 carnifex,7 cynops orientalis,7 verrucosus,2 apuanus,2 vulgaris graecus, 5 pachytriton labiatus, 2 mesotriton alpestris apuanus, 2 triturus dobrogicus 2 paramesotriton chinesis,1 salamandra tigre, 2 tylototriton shanjing y 7 ajolotes

2- anuros?8 bombinas,5 xenopus y 1 boetgeri y 3 bufos regularis

3-todos los urodelos juntos en un 89l menos los vulgaris, los shanjing y la salamandra.Los anuros en acuaterraio menos las xenopus y la boetgeri(no me quiero extender con cantidades y medidas

The traduction for the last (3) sentence is:
-All the caudates together in a 89l, except for the vulgaris, shanjing and the salamander. The anurans in an aquaterrarium, except for the xenopus and the boetgeri (i don´t want to extend myself into quantities and sizes).

A couple days ago, in that same forum, a moderator posted that all the animals in the 84l had died.

Unbeliavable.....Someone with access to such species and treating them in such an extremely irresponsible way.....
The Neurergus kaiseri were captive bred. 5 N.k lost!!!!!!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
89 liters is a little over 23 gallons, for those of us on the other side of the ocean.

If I added that right, it's 53 animals in a 23 gallon tank.

That's... unbelievable. I don't think that many animals will physically FIT into a tank.

I just don't know what to say.

freves

Reaction score
Sounds like a troll (is that the term?) to me. Hard to say though. I remember from my petshop days that there are some really ignorant people out there.
Chip

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Rodrigo, first I want to say sorry to you for having to read such a thing.

Secondly, I am a little sister so my first reaction would be to tattle - if someone wrote something like that in this forum, we always have the option to report their post. In that case, someone would be able to notify the authorities of a case of cruelty to animals. Or contact the author of the thread, if nothing else.

I only mention it in case taking some kind of action would make you feel better.

-Eva

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I know it sounds like a troll. A friend and i had read it some time ago, and thought it was just a mistake, and consequently forgot about it. But since the recent update, i now believe it´s true.
I just needed to let people know about it, no better discouragement for a newbie wanting to mix species.
I hope nobody ever sells any more animals to that guy...
As a side note, in the same post you can also read that this guy never had the intention of even trying to reproduce any of the species( not that he could have, but if you keep bislineatas, kaiseris, etc, at least try to reproduce them).

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
Seriously?? I cant even believe that. I just had to comment on this. I appreciate you bringing this up. I'm stunned

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Kaisey, apparently most of the animals were just juveniles. It seems this person had acquired most of them in less than a year or so....
So, yes, they could physically fit....sadly......

Jake

Reaction score
It seems this person had acquired most of them in less than a year or so....
So, yes, they could physically fit....sadly......

I can totally understand becoming addicted to caudates, but there's a point where one needs to have a reality check! Why would someone go through the trouble of getting so many nice species (not to mention the cost of aquiring them!) and only keep them in one tank? Did that person also keep a heater with the lot? I sincerely hope that person is no longer keeping animals this way.

spendday

Reaction score
89 liters is a little over 23 gallons, for those of us on the other side of the ocean.

If I added that right, it's 53 animals in a 23 gallon tank.

That's... unbelievable. I don't think that many animals will physically FIT into a tank.

I just don't know what to say.

thats crazy ive got a 25 gallon tank so ive got a basic idea of how big 23 gallon is and i could see how that would even work they must have been sitting and standing on one another

man some people are sick

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!