Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My new italicus

enricolatiano

Reaction score
Hi these are the my new italicuses as they seem you? are they beautiful?

Attachments

• IMG_2573.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_2495.JPG
    IMG_2495.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 349

Tudor

Reaction score
They are beautiful indeed, but allow me a question:
Are wild caught or captive bred? I ask you because it looks to be wild caught and in this case I must remind you that is illegal to collect native species in EU.
If I'm wrong, please excuse me.
Best regards

enricolatiano

Reaction score
they aren't wc ,they come from Austria. tudor however how do you tell if an animal and WC or CB?

RobM

Reaction score
Tudor didn't accuse you of taking them from the wild, he just asked the question.
The size and colouration difference between the two specimens combined with your past might make people suspect that they are wild caught.
I wouldn't think there are sure ways with this species to tell the difference between WC and CB, however I expect if the authorities asked, you would have to provide proof of where you got them from, otherwise they will assume they are native WC.

enricolatiano

Reaction score
they are one male and one female.
the male is more small because in the italicus the female are more big of the male.
or i failed?

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
You have stated in other posts that the L.italicus you keep were collected from the wild. I can remember posts that go back almost a year, and it seems you continously capture new specimens to maintain your group.
There is in fact one post of yours with the title "Lissotriton italicus wc" where you admit that you caught wild animals from a nearby brook. Your own words...
In other posts you have also stated your disregard for european laws, asking for WC animals of protected species which is illegal and goes directly against the spirit of this forum.
I personally have had it with you....if the admins or other mods think i´m out of line i will accept their judgement but personally i have no doubt that you illegally collect local newts which apart from being illegal, as has already been said to exhaustion, is inmoral. Your continous disregard for the conservation status of these animals and your now blatant lies offend me to a personal level, so i´m now off to give you some bad reputation.

enricolatiano

Reaction score
azhael is everything true except a thing.the italicuses that I have are cb now they are coming from the austria the lissotritons of the other time, I have immediately been released after having withdrawn them and after having gone off those photos. then I don't think about having to have broken the law.or mistake?

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I can´t proof that you are lying, it´s your word against mine, so it´s up to your conscience wether those animals are legal or not and wether you are lying to us. However, you have broken the law. You have taken animals from the wild and you say you have then released them back. Both actions are illegal. You say they were inmediately released back, but you also say the females laid eggs in captivity...both statements are hardly coherent. I wonder what happened to the eggs that those WC females laid, too....

I seriously do hope (i don´t believe they are, but i hope against evidence) those animals are CB. And if that´s the case, i hope you have the necessary papers to prove it, because otherwise, CB or not, they are illegal.

enricolatiano

Reaction score
azhael I swear you that they are cb.the females I have now the eggs, I still have her me as soon as are they opened I free the larvas (or do you recommend me to directly leave the eggs?).however I am cb to 100%.

enricolatiano

Reaction score
azhael I swear that I cb.le females released their eggs will hatch as soon as I've still free larvae (directly or advise me to leave the eggs?). still have 100% cb.

warrior

Reaction score
Wow azhael being a moderator is going to your head.You have no right to accuse this person of taking from the wild and if he is and it's illegal he will get caught.You think you own this forum.Everytime I read a post of yours and another moderator here it's sometimes mean and aggresive.We are dealing with newts here which are gentle creatures,you should try to be gentle too.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, come on, be fair, there must be at least one post out there where i haven´t been mean!
Just to clarify, i´m not accusing, i´m paraphrasing, he has admited to illegally capturing wild animals.
Anyway, i´m sorry you think in such a way of me, but i´m just trying to enforce european laws, which exist for a very good reason.
Happy new year!

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
We are dealing with newts here which are gentle creatures,you should try to be gentle too.

Google Paramesotriton and find out who is "gentle" These boys gave me a big life lesson.
You shall not be so gentle and warm to people all the times. Not in the world we live on today.

Enrico, putting all rest apart, yes. They are beautiful.

Cheers,
Jorge

stavroske

Reaction score
Very nice sals! From who did you buy them? I've been looking for this specie for two years now without much luck... Next month I probably recieve some eggs from the UK but some full grown L. italicus would be great!

Best wishes,

Steven

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!