N.v.l. efts(Pic Heavy)

Well, there are only 2 efts left... This is good and bad news. The good news is five went aquatic after the introduction of a larger and planted water dish. The other one drowned while going aquatic. I cant get any good pics of the aquatic newts because the water dish is in the middle of thier cage and which prevents side shots. Here is a picture of the last two efts and one poor picture of an aquatic one.

Attachments

• IMG_4947.JPG
    IMG_4947.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_4948.JPG
    IMG_4948.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 252
Well, I have finally put together a 40 gallon breeder for these guys. I will post a new thread showing it and the nvl's better but I thought I would give a sneak peak of how they are doing. :happy:

Attachments

• IMG_5164.JPG
    IMG_5164.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5206.JPG
    IMG_5206.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_5214.JPG
    IMG_5214.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5212.JPG
    IMG_5212.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 263
Very nice little brother! Its nice to see updated pics. I've been following this thread ever since you started it and it gets better every time. Keep it up.

I will keep it updated. I am thinking about starting a new thread with a complete setup pic. I do love thier new setup! I really hope get some eggs from them this winter but I know it may be a long shot.

You got the noto touch! They look beautiful, its awesome to see such a story for egg to adult and hopefully back to egg! ;) Post that setup, I am dying to see it!

Mitch

Definitely post pics of your set-up. Your new adults look great!

Man, I wish mine would go in the water :rolleyes: I think they must be on the seven year plan.

I have a thread with pics of the setup. Its in the photos of enclosures/setups part of the site. Haha! A seven year plan. I now only have one exclusively terrestrial eft but I think that may change soon too.

Congrats! great pics and very beauty newts!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back