John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
I'm currently trialling a new chat system again. Similar to facebook chat. You should see it on all pages in the lower right. Bear with me as I customize it. I am aware it has adverts, but I won't pay for the full product until we're happy with it. As always, please give me feedback here.

Last edited:
It even works on my android tablet! Love it.... now if only we could get a thumbs up "smiley" I would've used it :wink:

It works on iPad too.

I like it. Loads instantly, allows you to continue navigating Caudata pages. Very convenient.

whats Facebook? :confused:

How does someone NOT know about Facebook!? LOL. It's a social media site similar to Myspace, but I believe it's better. I haven't gotten on MySpace in FOREVER. Anyways, I LOVE the new chat. I think it perhaps may be even better then the FB chat.

I'm from the older generation when you only had 3 TV channels and people had to phone you at home to talk to you! Hence - "What's Facebook!"

I have since spoken to the kids and realise its a way for nosey people to find out what your doing every single moment of the day and a way for employers to find out if your really worth employing! :D

What I have seen of the current chat is really good.....But at 10pm UK time the chat is full. I think that says it all :D

It doesn't work on my computer. I guess work has it blocked somehow.

It doesn't work on my computer. I guess work has it blocked somehow.

uh oh...what would the chat be without Justin? The main reason I go in there is to pester him with newt care questions....:cry:

On my IPad and IPhone the chat bar floats in the middle of the page obscuring anything underneath. On my laptop it neatly sits at the bottom of the page where I guess it should be.

Sits neatly on the bottom of my page on my I pad. Not tried on my phone.
(have a mark one version of the I pad mind)

Working @ work here Justin, I'm surprised.. probably won't be long before it's blocked ;P

Mark: it works perfectly on my ipad. What browser are you using? Hopefully not that garbage Safari. I use Atomix. Think firefox for ipad.

Justin: Unfortunately I can't control what your work's hosting company blocks I'm afraid (wish I could). To be clear, your work is blocking the chat provider, not caudata.org, because the chat is running through a third party web site.

Chat bar loads mid browser on Droid Dolphin also, don't even mind though. Great chat app.

Mark: it works perfectly on my ipad. What browser are you using? Hopefully not that garbage Safari. I use Atomix. Think firefox for ipad.

It's the same in Atomix so it's not the browser. It's quite annoying because It effectively disables any part of the screen it's floating over and there's no way to move it.

I'm clearly in the minority here and have nothing against the new chat system but I find the positioning of the chat bar really annoying. I close as many of the small boxes as I can but before long they are all back. When viewing posted photos I have to close some boxes before I can get to the previous/next button underneath. Sorry to grumble because otherwise this is a fantastic forum.

Regards Neil

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back