New owner looking for some axolotl guidance:)

The Michael guy is local to me. I watch his YouTube videos he's a good guy.

The Michael guy is local to me. I watch his YouTube videos he's a good guy.
Unfortunately, I am in Canada. And this will cost me $80ish to ship, also the Michael guy won’t ship to Canada:(

Well just search seeded sponge filters in your UK equivalent to Google search

People around you have to have them it's not like no one in uk keeps fish..

People around you have to have them it's not like no one in uk keeps fish..
Very true, I am going to find one for sure! Now once I get one in, should I treat my aquarium with prime right now and do water changes? Or will that make it worse or not help?

Any time you do water change you must add the appropriate amount to the amount of water your replacing. Just read the directing on that one

Very true, I am going to find one for sure! Now once I get one in, should I treat my aquarium with prime right now and do water changes? Or will that make it worse or not
If your showing ammonia do a water change. Even if everyday until get that cycled sponge and it does its trick. But use dechlorinater as per directions when doing one

Very true, I am going to find one for sure! Now once I get one in, should I treat my aquarium with prime right now and do water changes? Or will that make it worse or not help?
I had a tank with fish in cycle I was changing water everyday for like almost 2 months

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back