Nicely marbled T. karelinii arntzeni juvenile

LeV

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello everybody,

here are some pictures of my Triturus karelinii arntzeni CB 2007 pair.. They show the marbled dorsal pattern of a young male in comparison to the one of a young female.. The coloration of this small guy vary frequently with the humidity level ; when he's wet the pattern appears to be a little more greenier and contrasted than usually...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,007
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,182
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 882
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 675
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 654
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 676
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 639
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 765
Nice looking newts! Very beautiful makes me wish I had some. These are CB by you? Keep us updated, they're juvies now. I'd love to see them as adults and especially a full crested male. Never seen a male in this species in full crest.

Those are really beautiful animals. Why are kaiseri so great when things like this are out there too?

Nice looking newts! Very beautiful makes me wish I had some. These are CB by you? Keep us updated, they're juvies now. I'd love to see them as adults and especially a full crested male. Never seen a male in this species in full crest.

Hi Jaymes,
No they aren't bred by me, I bought them in an English professional store which is sourced by Hollander and German Breeders.
Me too, I've never seen some adult male arntzeni in breeding dress on good quality photos. This species seems to be pretty rare out there.. :cool:

Have you kept the nominate form karelinii karelinii?

Any comparisons? They seem to be quite easy to raise and are currently available in the US. They show similar coloration(turquoise oftentimes), but never seen one quite like yours.

Have you kept the nominate form karelinii karelinii?

Any comparisons? They seem to be quite easy to raise and are currently available in the US. They show similar coloration(turquoise oftentimes), but never seen one quite like yours.

No I don't keep the nominate form and I've never seen juveniles of this. Would you have some pics to post here so that I could make a comparison ?

Thanks a lot for the pictures Joseph ! ;)
They are from the nominate form ?
They really ressemble to the ones I care. It's difficult to make a definitive comparison cause yours are in an aquatic setup and mines are in a terrestrial setup. But in spite of that I would say that the visible difference stay in the dorsal coloration which is more dark by mines.
That's why the black/turquoise spots of my juvies aren't as visible as by yours. But in return, this more dark dorsal coloration enlights the light green/grey dorsal flakes which are more present by mines..
Your feeling ?

leV: No idea. I don't know the range of the nominate form off the top of my head but it is thought those in the US are from Ukraine.

Nice photos, your set up is very nice indeed. Hopefully you can show us sme of your T.Karelinii fully crested.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back