Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

No poo...

Reaction score
ok guys I need help I rescued a axie about 2 weeks ago. she has been super neglected for 2 years... and we have been feeding and feeding her. but i haven't seen any poo from her at all.... could be it that she is just to weak for a poo packet and it just comes out in liquid and dissolves in the water?

i need help with trying to figure out stuff we have tried refrigerating her but that doesn't seem to help... does anyone got any ideas? I'm a vet tech in training but I'm not sure what to do for her

Calgarycoppers

Reaction score
I find my really neglected surrenders can take a long time to start pooping.

I always ensure I am feeding high fat foods to keep things moving and lubed up.

Reaction score
ya i read somthing about that online as well, but she's super super active so that's good and she's always eager to eat ( even wagging her tail when she does eat)

but she won't open her mouth like at all so it's really hard to feed her, she rreeeaaallly rrrreeeaaalllyyy loves food i might have to get a tiny rubber strange to gently pry her mouth open to see if that helps or not.... with her feeding. is that a good idea? or is there something else I can try? I don't want to stress her out by force-feeding her if i don't have to

I find my really neglected surrenders can take a long time to start pooping.

I always ensure I am feeding high fat foods to keep things moving and lubed up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1