No poo...

Reaction score
Country
United States
ok guys I need help I rescued a axie about 2 weeks ago. she has been super neglected for 2 years... and we have been feeding and feeding her. but i haven't seen any poo from her at all.... could be it that she is just to weak for a poo packet and it just comes out in liquid and dissolves in the water?

i need help with trying to figure out stuff we have tried refrigerating her but that doesn't seem to help... does anyone got any ideas? I'm a vet tech in training but I'm not sure what to do for her

I find my really neglected surrenders can take a long time to start pooping.

I always ensure I am feeding high fat foods to keep things moving and lubed up.

ya i read somthing about that online as well, but she's super super active so that's good and she's always eager to eat ( even wagging her tail when she does eat)

but she won't open her mouth like at all so it's really hard to feed her, she rreeeaaallly rrrreeeaaalllyyy loves food i might have to get a tiny rubber strange to gently pry her mouth open to see if that helps or not.... with her feeding. is that a good idea? or is there something else I can try? I don't want to stress her out by force-feeding her if i don't have to

I find my really neglected surrenders can take a long time to start pooping.

I always ensure I am feeding high fat foods to keep things moving and lubed up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back