Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Paludarium project

Jausi

Reaction score
Hello I have 6 fire belly toads, platys, mollys and guppies :D, the guppies are brreding and I'm hopung they will be a good source of food for my toads.

I tried to up load better pic from the paludarium

Jausi

Reaction score
Thank you I 'll tried to add more pic when the plants and cork inteh tank, if what part of wisconsin do you live??

Jausi

Reaction score
hello guy here are some better pic from the paludarium, now i'm in the process of building a canopy tu increase the high of the paludarium.

enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_3203.JPG
    IMG_3203.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 13,263
  • IMG_3204.JPG
    IMG_3204.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 1,155
  • p) Toad  exploring land area.JPG
    p) Toad exploring land area.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,188

Jausi

Reaction score
Hello,

In the land area I have bromeilas ans some kind of moss I found in the backyard and under the water I have anubia,cryptocorynes, java moss and hygrophila polysperma (just floting).

Jausi

Reaction score
hello guys, it's been a long time since I upload pic from my paludarium, here are more pics and something amazin I found today when I was doing water changes :D.
My toads are fine well the count now is four, my two favorites die :(, they manage to scape every time we have rain here.

Today I found a mushroom growing in one side of the paludarium :eek:, I'm happy with that but at the same time I'm a little worry that it could be dangerous for my toads

Attachments

• IMG_3305.JPG
    IMG_3305.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_3316.JPG
    IMG_3316.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_3414.JPG
    IMG_3414.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 878
  • IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 920
  • IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_3427.JPG
    IMG_3427.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 701

Ingo

Reaction score
AW: Paludarium project

Hello,

i`m sorry for my abberant opinion, but for me your tank is no Paludarium.
It is more an Aquarium with a small Island.

In my association a Paludarium is more like on the attached Photo.

Greetings Ingo V.

Attachments

• Paludarium1.jpg
    Paludarium1.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 23,255

petro

Reaction score
He Jausi,
A paludarium is for evrybody a litle different. Your's is also great.
A lot of work to, but great looking.:D
Petro

Yahilles

Reaction score
i`m sorry for my abberant opinion, but for me your tank is no Paludarium.
It is more an Aquarium with a small Island.
1/4 of tank is SMALL island? Paludarium is swamp-vivarium. Jausi's tank (very nice!) IMO is "more pallus" than terrarium with aquarium instead of bottom that you presented :D Of course everybody, as petro said, can have own opinion and imagination of any meaning.

Jausi

Reaction score
Ingo: thanks for your comments the pic you share is great and indeed that is a impresive paludarium, I think paludarium is the mix between a aquarium and a terranium and theres is many ways to represent the idea (like PETRO said), I have to build a canopy to increase the hight of the tank so the bromeliads can grow, but I 'm not desided yet if I should use glass or plexiglass, thanks again for you comments. :D

Petro: Thank you for comments also, I do like my paludarium looks like and I think my toads love it too.

Yahilles: Thank you for ypur comments too.

If any one has any idea or where to get custom canopy, pls let me know

Yahilles

Reaction score
I think that plexiglass will be better- glass only at front. Plexi is more light and presents less problems with connecting it with other elements.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1