Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Pics

K

kaysie

That would probably be a bad idea. one generation of inbreeding is okay, but two usually brings up some weird mutations.

A

alexander

biggrin.gif
ohhh, i just love seeing these guys i can't wait to get my own.

K

katy

have you seen pictures of those frogs and stuff that have been found in polluted waters all deformed? two frogs stuck together, or a frog with two heads, or bloated lumps all over it - just gross stuff that you don't want your pet to live with. (ok maybe this is a bit extreme, but you get the idea).

the other option is they'd just be unhealthy and prone to disease.

M

mary

I want one with a leg on it's head!!!! I'll inbreed them a million times to get that!!!!
crazy.gif

M

mik

I think these kind of deformities don't necessarily start out as a genetic deformity that you can breed for. They are the result of some environmental/external action on the cells of the animal whilst in vulnerable stages. This is quite simply unwanted cell damage. What would happen if these type of beast breed I have no idea.

But I find the idea of breeding for deformity disturbing. Who knows what else is wrong, that you can't see, and that could be causing the animal to suffer. Axies are weird and wonderul enough with out frankensteining them. Shame on you Mary.

M

mary

I was only joking mik. I wouldn't do that!!!!

It would be like me making my kids have kids with eachother, then their grandkids and stuff - too freaky!!! Not to mention compleetly wrong!!!!

I'm sorry if you found my last message disturbing - but really it was only a joke.

M

mik

Ok but consider you wrist well and truly slapped.

Anyhow on the idea of bad taste jokes I noticed that your eggy progress thread was still called Mary Roses Eggs I was thinking along the lines of a new thread called Mary Rose's babies...Is that too obscure or too dated for anyone else to make the connection...

Rosemary's Baby...for those who didn't get it.

And for those who are genuinely too young it was a 70's film about some woman who was raped by the devil and gives birth to a son. Suppose it depends where you live...

J

jenny

even though it might give them mutations it doesnt cause them pain does it? a siamese axy wud be cool? anyone ever heard of one b4?

K

kim

Jennie it can cause pain... think about the unfortunate people that have had to be separated due to the bodies not being about to support both bodies...

Its not nice!

J

jenny

siamese twins arent an inbreading mutation tho are they? it would look so cool though. i saw a program about siamese twins n there were adults what were fine and didnt need to be seperated. but okies
happy.gif

K

kim

No they are not from inbreeding... Siamese twins come from when the fertilized egg divides an extra time to make to 'babies' then the cells doesnt separate correctly and leaves a part of the body joined (this can vary, head, arm, body etc etc).

K

katy

even if it's not painful, it wouldn't be very pleasant. can you imagine never ever being alone? and having another creature stuck to you!? ick.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!