Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Raising T. Marms. from eggs....

ryan

Reaction score
Oh I don't mind and I'm sure it goes for all the members, I love seeing pictures, I've posted A LOT of pics of Bart the mudpuppy, hehhehheh.

C

chris

i feed em every couple of days. i'm gonna be gone for five days, so imma bulk all my newts up before i leave.

ryan

Reaction score
Maybe you should get someone just to suck the left over food and poop out with a turkey baster while your gone. So you don't have a huge build up. Make sure its someone that you can trust if you decide to do it.

(Message edited by i_love_necturus on April 02, 2007)

C

chris

i always feed them and suck out the leftovers after they feed. they usually leave nothing behind.
wink.gif

C

chris

well i lost the isolated one today. he was far more underdeveloped than the others. survival of the fitest i guess.

M

michelle

I hope (s)he makes it. Love the feeding pictures they are great. I think everyone enjoys the pictures, I doubt you could post to many. It is great to flip to your thread to Dan's thread to watch the progress. Best of luck to you. Keep posting (with pictures).

D

doug

chris
I had received eggs from Jenn and being I am a little superstitious I have waited to post.
Tried some pics but not quite as inventive as you are(great idea by the way)
I have been keeping up with your posts and they have helped me greatly. I never counted how many eggs I had but I have 22 larva a little behind yours. They now have front legs. Don't worry about too many pics they are great.
good luck with those remaining ones you have

ryan

Reaction score
They look bigger and bigger each time you post, they look great! The improved setup looks good too.

J

john

Chris, wanted to let you know this is a great thread! I just got my T. marm eggs from Jen yesterday.

C

chris

^^agreed. hopefully, when they get bigger, my camera will be able to focus on side shots easier.

C

chris

i changed the bulb above the tank to a different spectrum and i can get better pics.

82835.jpg

chris_dishmon

Reaction score
and some more....

they just keep getting bigger.

Attachments

• weeeee 003.jpg
    weeeee 003.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 353

chris_dishmon

Reaction score
mmmm....yes.

Attachments

• larvaenew 001.jpg
    larvaenew 001.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 335
  • larvaenew 002.jpg
    larvaenew 002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 605
  • larvaenew 003.jpg
    larvaenew 003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 237

chris_dishmon

Reaction score
and more...

Attachments

• larvaenew 004.jpg
    larvaenew 004.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 246
  • larvaenew 005.jpg
    larvaenew 005.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 519

chris_dishmon

Reaction score
mmmmmm......

Attachments

• nwlarvae 001.jpg
    nwlarvae 001.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 216
  • nwlarvae 002.jpg
    nwlarvae 002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 224
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1