T. Carnifex Breeding Project

shnabo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The biggest of the bunch were larvae I didn't notice in the parent tank for a couple weeks. Once I pulled them out and was able to feed them as much as they would take they grow a lot faster. Some of them are getting close to morphing now, I am excited for the next few days these are my first offspring from breeding my own animals (have raised a lot of larvae from eggs before but not my own).

Attachments

shnabo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I removed one that looked to be morphing and put it into a smaller tank to take a few pictures. Once the color starts it really comes in fast. It's hard to tell which will be wild type or not. I love the contrast of the yellow on the black, the wild type will always be my favorite.

Attachments

shnabo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Still waiting on my first morph. Moving them into a larger bin with more room and deeper water seems to have encouraged them to stay in a little longer. They seem to grow a lot faster as larvae so no complaints!

shnabo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The first carnifex metamorphed yesterday followed by a couple more today. I just added some driftwood to their enclosure yesterday so I'm not sure if they were ready before that but didn't seem to be climbing or expressing discomfort. They are on a bin on my basement floor which I think has kept the water cool/ hasn't really encouraged them to morph too early.

Attachments

shnabo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
More of these have morphed in the last few days, the first few are getting big. I also have a couple monster larvae that are almost 5 inches (last pic).

Attachments

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AlexisJG:
    As long as they don’t seem stressed that’s good and I mean hey if their well fed maybe they’ll live long happy lives together.
    +2
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    oh ya they are happy xD every time i come in to my room my Koy betta is like HI HI HI and actively swimming around
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nerodia1:
    Děkuji za přijetí. Hledám tohoto obojživelníka, Typhlonectes compressicauda, nevíte, kde ho získat, nejlépe někde v Evropě.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Caudex has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    VEEK has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    My axie is acting woerd he was a rescue as stated in a different post he got better and now seems to be deteriorating again...again all tank conditions are OK and as should be. He seems to have some black dapple like pattern under his bottom lip? Is that normal? And his two back feet have a little wierd growth? Almost? Tiny tiny tiny lump. His capillaries in his feathers also appear darker and more visible. Any help would be appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hes a leucistic axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    AmphibiGirl has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dibgame:
    Hey guys. First time on this forum and im not sure what formatting i should use but hey here i go.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    Hi! I'm being in a hard position where I have to re-home my axolotls. I'm moving out and I would like to find them a new home with someone who can take proper care of them
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    I have an adult wild type and a juvenile leucistc
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • BigAl:
    Oops my bad accidentally sent that
    +1
    Unlike
  • Binditheaxolotl:
    @HalfDrunkToastLol
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    is anyone online???
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    Are you still here
    +1
    Unlike
  • ZayneSantos:
    Is there anyone on who can give me advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Max2445:
    @ZayneSantos, What advice do you need
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    based on this video what type of salamander might this larva be? I suspect either eastern newt or spotted salamander
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    help appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    they are from missouri
    +1
    Unlike
    KrabzAga: they are from missouri +1