Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Taricha granulosa - Marble Mountains Northern California

ozzytrott

Reaction score
I´m new to the Forum so this is my first post. I like newts.
during a 3 day backpacking trip. I found these guys at 5840' elevation.

Attachments

• 78125469.jpg
    78125469.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 738
  • 47hp.jpg
    47hp.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 579
  • 49hp.jpg
    49hp.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 553
  • 52hp.jpg
    52hp.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 5,526
Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your photos. Looks like a great spot. I could happily spend a day noseying around a pool like that.

ozzytrott

Reaction score
I had a dive mask and was able to swim around the lake observing dozens of them. Im going to go back there one day with mask+snorkel and underwater camera equipment. only problem is its a 6.2 mile hike in uphill most of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1