tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27923-peekaboo.jpg

Peekaboo!

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27924-little-climber-d.jpg

Climbing rocks... a new favorite pastime of his :p

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27921-dweeby-posing.jpg

Dweeby felt like posing today.

Oh, and I finally managed to grab a pic of one of my fish:

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture27922-fishy.jpg

This is a Grondel (in English it's called a Gudgeon I think)
Don't worry. They were in quarantine tank for quite a while before I placed them in the main tank. They have no diseases or parasites or anything. They are large enough to not get eaten (and might I say, blindingly fast!), and it's not in their nature to try and attack axies (or their gills). They are bottom feeders and eat pretty much anything axies will. This is a great boon; they eat up any leftovers you might not have cleaned up after feeding time.

They are very shy however; don't expect to see them merrily swimming around like a goldfish. They just hide and lay low.

I haven't named the leucistic with crazy-long gills yet.....but I'm thinking Gil might be appropriate. ;)

I can't seem to stop taking/posting pictures of them!!!! Here they were tonight...

The babies:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364970277.308491.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364970307.602310.jpg

And Mortimer....in his typical, discombobulated-looking pose:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364970365.240365.jpg

Wow, I've never seen a wild type like that. o_o

I know! He is beautiful! I use to not like wild type color untill the breeder convinced me she had a beautiful wild type so i was like sure why not! I am glad she convinced me!
His colors are so distinct. And the green is beautiful. And he has silver splotches all over him.

I know i am biased, but my Franklin (since she is a girl perhaps ?franklynn?) is such a cute little character!!
(though I have gill-envy on all those long gills posted!) :D

Attachments

• franklin.jpg
    franklin.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 364
It appears that Mulders' stomach is more powerful than his/her shyness :D
Scully scuttled over to see why she/he wasn't getting all the attention, or food :p

Attachments

• 2013-04-09 16.52.38.jpg
    2013-04-09 16.52.38.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,141
  • 2013-04-09 16.53.01.jpg
    2013-04-09 16.53.01.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 496
  • 2013-04-09 17.02.34.jpg
    2013-04-09 17.02.34.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 336
Here is my Pandora eating :love:

Attachments

• IMG_3633.jpg
    IMG_3633.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_3635.jpg
    IMG_3635.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 344
I want a pretty wildtype too. Mine are cheap freaky looking forgotten things with some gills on them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back