The oldest (age) member on Caudata

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Rayson
Alright before i am written off as ditzy, i have always been piqued by who is the oldest member on caudata.

Julia has always whinged about her being as old as the hills, creaking with every step and appearing more vintage than the antique grandfather clock. Please allay her fears and my curiosity and perhaps kindly drop a clue on the age of the oldest registered member.

:bowl:

I'm older than Julia. I know a couple famous amphibian authors that appear to be older than me. They have been members but I don't know if they have maintained their membership.

I won't name them but I found a member that's 71. Anyone beat that?

Seventy One huh? Wouldn't happen to be my grandma would it? Seriously, she's a member here.

Too bad it's actual age, cause I feel pretty darn old most of the time.:rolleyes:

I am proud NOT to be the oldest!

I'm unwillingly past the half-century mark, but I can't beat 71. Maybe I'm in the top 10? (or bottom 10, nobody envies aging once you get past about 21)

Respectfully,
Mal

This thread prompted me to have a look at the database. There was a really high number of people with fake ages. Not any more though - I've deleted their accounts.

Well, I'm past the speed limit in the US!
Perhaps a new question would be "How old do you feel?"

I'm unwillingly past the half-century mark, but I can't beat 71. Maybe I'm in the top 10? (or bottom 10, nobody envies aging once you get past about 21)

Respectfully,
Mal

I disagree, I've been looking forward to turning 25!!! Maybe it's just me though.

Im as old as my toungue and a little bit older than my teeth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back