Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Transferring babies

New to axolotl

Reaction score
Had my guys for about 4 weeks now in a 48L tank. I can't believe how quickly they've grown. 3 inches already ( 1and half on arrival. I have been doing daily changes as they were tiny babies from pots. No cycling. They're doing great but I have bought a 100L tub.... yes a tub ! As I'm an experienced aquarium keeper and I know better than to prompt tank needs with babies.
Anyway
No fish cycle for 2 weeks. Waterfall filter stacked on natural tile .double sides filter so I stole a seachem purigen filter bag from 1 of my top tanks to give axi tub a boost.
Any advice from you guys is most gratfully appreciated.

Lindagriffithh

Reaction score
Had my guys for about 4 weeks now in a 48L tank. I can't believe how quickly they've grown. 3 inches already ( 1and half on arrival. I have been doing daily changes as they were tiny babies from pots. No cycling. They're doing great but I have bought a 100L tub.... yes a tub ! As I'm an experienced aquarium keeper and I know better than to prompt tank needs with babies.
Anyway
No fish cycle for 2 weeks. Waterfall filter stacked on natural tile .double sides filter so I stole a seachem purigen filter bag from 1 of my top tanks to give axi tub a boost.
Any advice from you guys is most gratfully appreciated.
My advices:
Temperatures up to the low 70s Fahrenheit!
Feed them with nightcrawlers (large earthworms) and store bought bloodworm cubes!

New to axolotl

Reaction score
I've been feeding them bloodworms since they arrived. They have also been esting chopped up earthworms blanched ( great advice from another axi keeper ) last was fed last night. Half each. No poop this morning. Not floating either. Should I wait for poop before feeding again?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!