Using a digi cam to take photos

M

melissa

i have a digital camera and i upload the pics onto the computer. is a flash dangerous to my chinese fire bellied newts? how do i avoid reflections on the glass? how do i get good poses for my newts?

cheers

I have axolotls an i want to know a good way of taking shots of them in the water most come out pretty blurry i have a sony cybershot 4.1megapixel camera

Make sure you use the Macro setting (will be a little flower symbol) this will ensure close up shots are focussed. Most cameras have it, I have a 6 megapixel cybershot and it works great.

you can also push your camera against the glass to avoid reflections. Don't know if that would work with a flash though, I never use a flash.

I use focus on my camara, not sure what type, and when i use it right it gives some excellent shots!!

I think it was pretty good, lol. at least compared to what I've gotten.

hello, maybe this isn't the perfect forum to ask this but.. I have a few pictures of my newt and I want to have it as the picture next to my name here when I post. But my pictures are to big! and when I'm trying to make them smaller, they're just getting blurry!.. some help?

In Microsoft Paint you can stretch or shrink a picture. Go to Image->stretch/skew and you can reduce a picture to 50% or 10% or whatever. Wouldn't recommend paint for anything more complicated than that.

okay, thank you!
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back