Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Using a digi cam to take photos

M

melissa

i have a digital camera and i upload the pics onto the computer. is a flash dangerous to my chinese fire bellied newts? how do i avoid reflections on the glass? how do i get good poses for my newts?

cheers

cody

Reaction score
I have axolotls an i want to know a good way of taking shots of them in the water most come out pretty blurry i have a sony cybershot 4.1megapixel camera

C

charlie

Make sure you use the Macro setting (will be a little flower symbol) this will ensure close up shots are focussed. Most cameras have it, I have a 6 megapixel cybershot and it works great.

C

coen

you can also push your camera against the glass to avoid reflections. Don't know if that would work with a flash though, I never use a flash.

P

phoebe

I use focus on my camara, not sure what type, and when i use it right it gives some excellent shots!!

J

jazz

I think it was pretty good, lol. at least compared to what I've gotten.

E

emelie

hello, maybe this isn't the perfect forum to ask this but.. I have a few pictures of my newt and I want to have it as the picture next to my name here when I post. But my pictures are to big! and when I'm trying to make them smaller, they're just getting blurry!.. some help?

J

jonathan

In Microsoft Paint you can stretch or shrink a picture. Go to Image->stretch/skew and you can reduce a picture to 50% or 10% or whatever. Wouldn't recommend paint for anything more complicated than that.

E

emelie

okay, thank you!
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!