Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

When will it happen again??

M

mary

Hi there, how often do these amorous young axies breed??
i hate to think of having to separate them- they are such pals- well they seem to be!

J

joan

They can breed almost continuously. Try just putting in a divider if they start breeding again.

al

Reaction score
LOL...
biggrin.gif
(teenagers these days!)
In captivity most caudates will start breeding behavior after one year. I have bred axolotls after they were a year old. It all depends on their environment and food availability.

J

joan

Well, from their view: there's lots of food, the water's clean, and there's plenty of shelter, so they can breed like crazy.

But this means you're doing a good job at taking care of them. A lot of animals won't breed unless conditions are optimal. That means you're a good axie mum.

M

mary

the prob is that their tank is in our kitchen so every night at tea time they are watching me get dinner ready! i swear they can smell the food cooking- so they get little treats of whatever raw meat may be on the go....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!