Where do I get pellets?

Equus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Emilys Axolots
I have been feeding my older Axolotls earthworms, but for days like today and tomorrow (funeral) it would be nice to give them pellets instead. I am not sure what kind to get or where to get them though. Can anyone direct me? Do they need to be sinking pellets?

They are about 6 months I think and 6-7", never fed them pellets. Bonus question, is that normal size?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Axolotls 098.jpg
    Axolotls 098.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Axies 039.jpg
    Axies 039.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Axolotls 112.jpg
    Axolotls 112.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 125
You need to get pellets that are specially made for axolotls. I use Axobalance from aquaterratec.de, I don't know if you can get good quality pellets somewhere around where you live.
That is normal size. Mine are 8 months and 9-10 inches.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back