Wow Caudata Culture

That indeed is GREAT! Really superB!

One piece of (hopefully constructive) criticism: I think it's not immediately apparent where the links to the family pages are. It would be nice to have a link at the beginning of each family's section of text.

Those are awesome maps! I love that you can click through them all now. Well done!

Mark Aartse-Tuyn was the source of both the inspiration and the implementation of this page. Please heap him with the lion's share of the appreciation. It is awesome!:love:

Thanks for the kind comments! The map was the easy bit. The family overviews were the real challenge but with some wonderful contributions and rigorous editing from Jan & Jen the end product is great - despite my dodgy html. Hopefully the page provides a nice introduction to the world of caudata.

It's a shame Mr Jobs and Mr Adobe don't see eye to eye on flash content.

Last edited:
This is somewhat off-topic, but since you brought it up... Mr. Jobs can take a flying jump. Overpriced style over substance. I say this as a mac owner. Never again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back