Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Beautiful species/subspecies guide for Salamandra

K

kieron

WOW well done will that is rellay good saved it to my fav's lol keep up the good work

C

christian

Really nice article, now we can clearly see the beauty of Salamandra's.

V

vicky_rut

<font color="aa00aa"> Heck!
I thought I had s.s.salamander, now
I am not sure *blushes*
might even be terrestris, not sure now
*starts biting nails* </font>

J

jennifer

Vicky, if you do not know the locality where your Salamandra came from, it may never be possible to know with certainty which subspecies they are.

K

kamil

Hi,

still there are mistakes in the S. atra part. S. a. prenjensis is not a valid subspecies anymore and the new subspecies S. atra pasubiensis is not listed.

Best greetings,

Kamil

W

william

hehe It was only a matter of time before a mistake was discovered
lol.gif

Kamil- do you have any literature on prenjensis? or pasubiensis for that matter! I knew that prenjensis was slightly dodgey but i hadn't seen any articles on it.

thank you for your kind words everyone else

(Message edited by will_j on July 17, 2006)

K

kamil

Hello William,

pasubiensis was described in:

Evolution of the melanistic colour in the Alpine salamander Salamandra atra as revealed by a new subspecies from the Venetian Prealps. This was published by Lucio Bonato and Sebastian Steinfartz in the Italian Journal of Zoology, 72: 253 - 260 (2005)

Best Greetings,

Kamil

V

vicky_rut

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Quoting Jennifer Macke on Monday 17 July 2006 - 04:21 (#POST101270):</font>

<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
<font color="aa00aa">I see, then that's that, I still have very
cute salamanders
happy.gif
</font>

J

jennifer

Frank, thank you for the photos! Will, can you please assemble an exact list of what needs to be changed in the article?

beefsteak

Reaction score
Allmost looking like the one bernardezi and galaica teratoies overlap so just wondering if iit could hapen in ones home why not?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Not following you John. Can you elaborate?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!