file_1615.jpg

Tim Herman - Cryptobranchus a. alleganiensis

file_1616.jpg

Tim Herman - Desmognathus quadramaculatus

file_1617.jpg

Tim Herman - Hemidactylium scutatum

file_1618.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Mark, what's the exact closing date for the competition?

Midnight GMT, 30th September 2008.

Wouter Beukema - Salamandra atra pasubiensis

file_1619.jpg

Wouter Beukema - Salamandra salamandra gigliolii

file_1620.jpg

The bar is set high this year!

I love to see all the beautiful pictures that are entered, but I hate to see them too! I know there are some fabulous photographers here, and I just can't compete!

Petro - Juvenile Tylototriton shanjing (photo 1)

file_1621.jpg

Petro - Tylototriton shanjing (photo 2)

file_1830.jpg

Petro - Tylototriton shanjing (photo 3)

file_1831.jpg

Last edited:
The bar is set high this year!

I love to see all the beautiful pictures that are entered, but I hate to see them too! I know there are some fabulous photographers here, and I just can't compete!

Kaysie why don't you risk an entry or two (or so..) and let others be a judge of that?

Oh Wow that embryo picture is truly amazing. Absolutely awesome.!

Who is judging this competition? John, that has to be cheating entering your own picture! :lol: Just joking but I agree, there are a lot of good pictures this year and we still have two months still left!

Blackhawk

I was going to make a note about the judging process because someone invariably asks how the competition is judged.

We normally complete the judging in 2 rounds. In the first round people are asked to pick 13 of their favourite photos (12 months + a cover shot). Each photo picked gets a point. The more votes your photo gets, the more points you have and the better your chance of being a winner :cool:.

Now, clearly we don’t get 13 outright winners from the first round. There are always a number of photos that receive the same number of points towards the bottom of the winners pile. These photos will be voted on again in a second round to try to and establish which of these should be on the calendar.

If after this second round there is a stalemate between a couple of photos then admin may make a decision based on species and image quality.

The judging panel will consist of the site moderators. If for some reason we don’t get enough votes from moderators (not all the mods are active 100% of the time) we will ask long standing and respected members of the forum to cast a vote.

As John states – judges can enter but they are not allowed to vote for their own photos.

I think this year I will publish the results to make the judging as transparent as possible. The desire to know how your photo faired probably outweighs the disappointment some may feel in not getting many votes.

Dawn Osselmann - Lissotriton vulgaris

file_1643.jpg

Rodrigo Palacios - Plethodon glutinosus

file_1644.jpg

who can I upload my photos to the callendar of 2009?? I would like so much to participate of that event.thanks

Hi Eljorgo, the first post in this thread gives all the details on how to enter.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Pat Migliozzi - Plethodon glutinosus (photo1)

file_1678.jpg

Pat Migliozzi - Plethodon glutinosus (photo 2)

file_1677.jpg

Pat Migliozzi - Cryptobranchus alleganiensis alleganiensis

file_1676.jpg

Pat Migliozzi - Aneides aeneus

file_1675.jpg

Pat Migliozzi - Ambystoma opacum

file_1674.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I quit.

Mark Aartse-Tuyn - Mesotriton a. alpestris

file_1681.jpg

Mark Aartse-Tuyn - Neurergus strauchii

file_1680.jpg

Mark Aartse-Tuyn - Cynops pyrrhogaster

file_1679.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back