Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Move successful!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're reading this then you're seeing the new server. The move appears to have been successful. I encountered some hiccups along the way but I think everything is alright now. If problems crop up, please notify me by responding to this thread! Thank you.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far, it does seem noticeably faster! Thank you!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great work John! The forum is running at intergalactic speed compared to before. Now, if you could just remove that crappy chat app we'll be back to normal. :)

KingCam

Reaction score
Thanks John, the forum is much faster. A moment ago I experienced this:

nodata.png

It went away after a couple of refreshes. Other than that one instance, I haven't noticed any problems whatsoever :)

KingCam

Reaction score
On second thought, I think I'm just having internet issues. I'm having various load issues on every other website at the moment, as well.

False alarm!! :p XD

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, I was unable all morning to log in...logged in fine about 20 minutes ago. Does appear to be much faster. Thanks much John for all your efforts!

smily sam

Reaction score
Hi John,
I have been experiencing a few problems, sometimes when I go to another part of the forum it comes up with "No data received
Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data."

Apart from that the move has been successful.
Sam:happy:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a problem with he server that is causing it to do that error you're encountering, every now and then. I've been dealing with the provider all day and I hope they fix it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

smily sam

Reaction score
I have also noticed that forums and threads don't load properly so you can't see parts of forums and threads and posts are missing.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
We have put in a temporary fix for the stop loading issue. If you still have this problem then post here and let me know.

kay

Reaction score
I have noticed that before, I was only to click on a users name, for instance if they posted a comment or reply in a thread, a drop down list would appear that would say "view profile, send pm" and numerous others. Now, it wont even let me click the persons name and go to their profile. The only way to go right to a persons profile is if they have a avatar and I click that.

Anyone else notice this?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not having that problem. Anyone else?

smily sam

Reaction score
I have had the problem of when I click on a forum sometimes it comes up with
"Not Found

The requested URL /forum/f1173-advanced-newt-salamander-topics/f1159-fieldwork-fieldherping/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

kay

Reaction score
Really? Very confusing then. As an example, if I click on both Sam and smily sam, nothing happens. I use to be able to click the name and get to their public profile.

Now nothing happens. If smily sam had a avatar under the name however, I would be able to click the picture and go directly to the profile.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Try clearing your cookies. If that doesn't do anything, I would suggest another browser. You're the only one who has reported this problem, ever, that I know of.

kay

Reaction score
Thank, I did what you said and it works now. I'm not very tech-savy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!