Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Outdoor container enclosure

will_j

Salamandra Enthusiast
Reaction score
apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

This is a fantastic enclosure Mark! Are you going to get round to putting Ambystoma in for are you going to leave it to the Lissotriton ?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Will,

I think I'd need to redesign the land/ water ratio for Ambystoma so maybe I'll leave the Lissotrion be for the time being. I'm holding out for a new house with bigger garden - then the spotted sals can have their own enclosure! A cellar and large garden, is that too much to ask?

- Mark

cyclops

European Newt Group
Reaction score
How is your Lissotriton enclosure doing now? I've already put one together for salamandra that's done well so far and I'm considering doing one for lissotriton too this year.

Best - Matt

Dave1812

Reaction score
I'm so jealous of your enclosure. I will have to talk with my good lady and build my self somthing along the same lines.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1