Please post pictures of your tank!!

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Rupertxgiles
This is home to our 3 girls Giles, Dizzle, and Nurmind. 40 gallon breeder with blue posterboard from dollar tree as a background . nothing fancy but it works lol. :D

Attachments

ronwel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've posted, so I figured I'd share me re-worked tank. It now houses six little ones, (including two very recent additions). There are a few decorations I'm leaning toward removing just to de- clutter and free up floor space, but I'm pretty much done for now....I think.... maybe...lol. sorry the pictures not super awesome, but it's next to impossible to get one without glare. Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking.

Attachments

Odd

Reaction score
Country
United States

I redid Boondoggle’s tank to make it better for him and his plants and I am SO satisfied with how it looks, and Boondoggle apparently loves his new lookout!

The light is not nearly so bright as what he used to have and I moved the planets farther away from the surface so they won't be bothered by neither the light nor when the water level goes down from evaporation.

I also upgraded his filter from a 80gph Zoomed to a 264gph SunSun, the Zoomed just could not keep up with my stinker. The water is so much clearer now!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Felixtacat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Felix
This is my first tank (with an axolotl) about 50 g, and home to my dear ax named PEKKA :)

Wow! That's really nice! Do you plan on adding more lotls or will Pekka have it all to herself? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holly12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just added a floating log hide and 4 Betta leaf hammocks to make a little shelf to rest on.

Attachments

HP12300

Reaction score
Country
United States
This my 55 gallon axolotl tank, it divides my living room, you can see through it from both sides. I usually don't have it lit up so much, just did it for the photos!

What kind of plants are the ones floating at the top?

Donna001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Donna
I had 2 axolotl tanks (3 axis in each tank), and have recently got an Aqua Oak 150 (5ft x 2ft, approx. 110 gallons) so that thay could all live in the same tank.
It's taken a while to set up, and there is still some planting to do, but it's getting there.
The more timid ones (Mr Pringles and Jerry) spend a lot of time in the cave, but are getting more adventurous.
All 6 now seem to be getting on quite well :happy:

Attachments

emdalliance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Emily
Just normal aquarium sand, super fine.

Both are sandless now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blade1013

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is my Wife and I's Tank. It is currently cycling, that is why the heater is in the tank right now. It is a 60 Gallon Aquarium Dimensions 48in.L x 12.75in.W x 25in.H. We are looking to get two axolotls for the aquarium once we get it fully cycled and are super excited!!
We are also wanting some really nice floating plants if anyone has any recommendations...
Also, Please excuse the glares where the lights are, my Wife's phone makes it seem much brighter than it is throughout the tank.

Attachments

Last edited:

Alioth

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Display Name
Tess
This is my redecorated tank. It is cycling at the moment till the arrival of our three axies!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

caitesco

Reaction score
Country
United States
The first picture (without the sand) is my current set up. It is a 10 gallon tank. The second (with sand) was my setup before I realized sand wasn't a great idea for a lotl that small!!

I hope to upgrade to a 20 gallon tank by December and add more hides and plants.

Attachments

tammyaxie

Reaction score
Country
United States
A bit murky but coming along. Almost cycled and my three babies will soon have a happy home. Nemo, Spec and Astrid will love this tank

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Twigwise

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaniel

This is my setup currently; before anyone says something, yes, it is a very small tank. Only 5 gallons, which seems to be fine for little Dragon currently, but hopefully within a month I will be able to get him into a 20gal long tank as a permanent setup. This is just temporary as he was kind of a surprise! The bubble wand is a new addition, and he seems to enjoy rushing in, snapping at the bubbles, and then retreating to the corner behind the pink plant.

tammyaxie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Updated

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChocoUniversa:
    Why is there a red 2 next to the room
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    ChocoUniversa has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • ellarose:
    +1
    Unlike
  • ellarose:
    Go to the fishless cycle tab :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • MidgetMan:
    @tduzz, where do you live? Like roughly. What country are you in?
    +1
    Unlike
  • tduzz:
    @MidgetMan, Massachusetts but I can give anywhere in the new England area
    +1
    Unlike
  • AMurry24537:
    @ChocoUniversa, Buy some ammonia and an eyedropper from Walmart and a water test kit for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Figure out (through testing) how many drops it will take to get the ammonia level to the test's maximum measurement. Add that same number of drops every 24 hours. Eventually, the ammonia will start to go down as it's converted to nitrites. Keep adding ammonia. The nitrite levels will spike for a while and then they too will start to go down as they convert to nitrates. These you get rid of by doing water changes, which you should be doing anyway throughout the process. Once all of these are at low levels, your aquarium is ready. It takes about a month, maybe two (mine took a month and a half). Be sure to add ammonia until the day of or the day before you add your axolotl.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Kmia_13:
    Hey guys, this is my first time using this so bear with me. I have an adult axie who looks like he’s developed some fungus on gills. It’s still really small and only on one part. I put him in a 10 gal quarantine tank with an Indian almond leaf. I want to give him a black tea bath but not sure if I can add my black tea to the tank with the Indian almond leaf in there. Any advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Gillygills:
    Hi, My axolotl has just started morphing, but has some fungal spot behind the gill.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Gillygills:
    Should I fridge therapy and salt wash? or will this not be wise when she is morphing.
    +1
    Unlike
  • BChen3695:
    Need help identifying what’s wrong with my axolotl
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Unlike
  • madcaplaughs:
    @BChen3695, what are your parameters and temp? The fact that they're raised bumps could indicate fungus or bacterial infection.
    +2
    Unlike
  • XxJennXx:
    Hi! I have recently gotten a spotted salamander. Did some research and found lots of info, but just wondering if they brumate in captivity! Thank you to anyone who can answer this ☺
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    Hello its urgent!
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    I have a tiger salamander and i got him as a gift , recently it looks like something has been eating at his tail! Almost like its dissolving..? Ive checked that there is no other bugs in the closure, ive also ben giving him salt baths but its inly getting worse. Sorry if its much hahaha im just super worried!😓
    +1
    Unlike
  • afmtgn:
    Hi @Pookisoo it seems to be a fungal disease
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    @XxJennXx, I don't believe so. They are closely related to tigers and my tiger doesn't brumate. I think first year they might but after they see they aren't needing to, they should be good. They might try and hibernate to, mine did for the first year but now I see him crawling around right now.
    +1
    Unlike
  • XxJennXx:
    @MVM1991, ok thanks :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    @afmtgn, is there anything i can do about it?
    +1
    Unlike
  • RG:
    @Pookisoo, The refrigerator is a good hospital for tigers.Temperature between 7 and 2 degrees Celsius can stop bacteria. If necessary or if you dare 0 to -2 can also help.Reduce the temperature in a few days from 7 degrees to 2. After that you can reduce further. Feel free to let it sit for a few weeks. Place the animal in a plastic container with a lid with some air holes. Fill it with some soil and / or leaves. Check regularly whether there is still moisture or ice in this container. At temperatures above 2 degrees, they do not go into hibernation. They will then live on their reserves. Doing nothing is not an option, I speak from experience. You can avoid these kinds of problems by keeping them fairly dry for much of the year.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Paige1warren:
    Hi guys! I’m new to this site and a new axolotl owner. I’ve had my baby (his name is toothpick) for about a month or so now. I finally got a water testing kit and I tested the perimeters earlier today. My ammonia was at 3 ppm and my nitrite was at 2 ppm. This freaked me out because I know they are supposed to be at 0 ppm. I did a water change a little bit ago and it went down to ammonia 1 ppm and in between 1-2 ppm nitrate. I change 50% of my water weekly and clean up any pieces of waste or excess food with a turkey bastwr everyday. Could this just be because the tank isn’t fully cycled yet? Should I be concerned? Toothpick hasn’t shown any signs of distress
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    @RG, yeah.. im a new owner and i thought just giving salt baths would work, Thank you so much for this tho!🤗
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    Sorry again... but when i take him out is he supposed to be moving funny..? Sorry hahaha🤕
    +1
    Unlike
    Pookisoo: Sorry again... but when i take him out is he supposed to be moving funny..? Sorry hahaha🤕 +1