Country
United States
Can u spot the axies??? :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Karayna

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
My new 120 litre/32 gallon. Filter was pre-cycled!

Currently my leucistic juvie, Mini, is living there, but as soon as my copper, Ixi, is big enough he/she will move in too. I haven't filled it all the way to the top as my axie is still small + I need to get a screen lid for safety... The sand is JBL Sansibar "Dark".

This tank is adjacent to my other axie tank (with 2 wildtypes)! They love to watch each other. :)

Attachments

cody116

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My tank! 20G for one male axie about 1 year old.
I may add some black slate tile soon to the bottom. He's apparently had bad experience with sand in the past.

EDIT: hm, it seems to be sideways. I promise the tank is currently sitting horizontally :p

Attachments

Sweet Pea

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please be kind. There are so many amazing tanks on here. But this is my first freshwater planted tank for my first Axi. Who I will have shipped to me once the little one grows a wee bit more. Sorry for the poor quality/ lighting. I suck at tank pics. Any advice is always welcome. And I'd be happy to answer questions too.

This tank has been running for almost two weeks now. It does have an aged giant clam shell in there because my water is so soft and acidic. It has helped tremendously. Lol, the quartz rock is indeed weighing a very stubborn piece of driftwood down. There are 5 pieces of wood in there! That sucker refuses to sink! It is also a tiled bottom with porcelain tile textured like slate.

Axolottie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all! :]
I've been putting this off for awhile as I'm still not satisfied with my tank yet, but I figured I'd go ahead and post pictures of my current set up for my little Sesame!
I have your standard 20 gallon long tank with CaribSea Super Natural sand and a Fluval aqua clear 30 gal filter (on the lowest flow for Sesame's comfort).
I find my tank pretty bare and too open, especially in the middle and top regions of the tanks so I will be investing in a lot of live plants and decor soon!
Let me know what you think? :]

Full Tank.jpg

Left Side.jpg

Middle Tank.jpg

Right Side.jpg

Sesame.jpg

-Also, I'm a first time axie mommie so please if you see anything wrong with my tank, let me know! I could really use the help to ensure Sesame has a long and happy life with me :]

-Not sure why 2 of my pictures are upside down... what a shame :[

rumsey232

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my current set-up! Got a clearseal tank made up for £105; bargain! 48" long x 18" wide x 12" water depth.
Housing one very lonely leucistic named pip atm! However... that will change when her copper and golden friends have grown to her size! I hope you like it :)
Advice on whether it's too crowded and general criticism is very welcome if it results in a better lifestyle for my axies!!
This is the first tank I have ever set up for anything, so hoping its good!

Running on a Hailea Chiller to keep the water at a nice cool 16 degrees and fluval 205 canister filter to keep it churning.

The actual capacity of the tank is 180 litres but at a guess I would say it's maxed out at 150. Pip absolutely adores the 12" water depth.

I'm using pure white silica sand as the substrate, and rainbow slate for the random assorted rocks. The black slate cave came from a company called fennstones that hand-chisel slate aquarium decoration.

For lighting I am using a 40w hagen aquaglo tube thats timed to come on for 6 hours a day. I initially had 2x 40w tubes, but switched to one based on Pip's initial reaction when the lights came on, she now happily sits out in the light or moves from hide to hide if she's not feeling it.

If anyone is interested in the plant's I am using various forms of anubias and java fern that are attached to driftwood, as well as my personal favourite: bucephalandra Wavy Leaf (a relative to anubias from borneo). Pips personal favourite are the red leafed cryptos (Lagenandra meeboldii rot; I don't know why she loves this plant so much but she spends all day around it), the long ones on the right are limnophila sessiliflora. Amongst the driftwood creations is assortments of java moss and wurzel moss. All the plants seem to be doing great in limited light and pip adores them :)

Special mention has to go out to:

- Fennstones for their amazing slate caves and air rocks: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/fennstonesuk
- TMAquatix for the rainbow slate and silica sand http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tmaquatixltd
- Pro-shirmp for their amazing straight form the greenhouse plants and driftwood creations http://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/178-live-plant-decoration-to-order

Attachments

tammyaxie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tank update

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_20171230_090440310_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20171230_090426958.jpg

This is my 10 gallon! I'm currently cycling and setting up a 30 gallon for Giuseppe and a speckled leucistic I plan to get which I'm so excited for. How do you guys take pics without your reflection taking up the whole thing?? There's a dark purple hide in the left side corner that's hidden.

Ddavies

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's a couple pics of my tank, hopefully some driftwood and more aquatic plants soon. Along with a proper light

Ddavies

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wasn't sure how to edit my post, but a few hours later it became rimless. Little more clean up to do on the silicone but went over way easier than I read

Pahncake

Reaction score
Country
United States
20171217_144918.jpg

20180115_104329.jpg

20180115_104338.jpg

Sorry my pictures aren't great, but here is the progress on building a home for my axi Dart

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_20180120_121341577.jpg

IMG_20180120_120440647.jpg

My 30 gallon for Giuseppe and 10 gallon growing out tank for babies Doppler and Xenomorph

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Hayley
This is my current set up until my bulkheads arrive in the mail and I can convert a 40 gallon old turtle tank (it had 4 holes drilled in half way. I am planning on capping off the bulkheads).
Bucky is hiding in his favourite hide. It is a hanging planter pot I got from Kmart (Australia). I'll link it for any Aussies who are looking for something similar. I removed the screw and strap. Only comes in white, but can probably be painted and sealed to work in with aesthetics!

http://www.kmart.com.au/product/mini-hanging-planter-with-strap---white/1133415

Attachments

shadowfox306

Reaction score
Country
United States
We recently redid Banana's tank to this more overgrown, lush jungle look.She loves to try to frustrate me and uproot it all though.

Attachments

tundrabadger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alexander actually stayed in a photogenic pose long enough for me to take some pictures. not great pictures, but I'm sharing anyhow.

tammyaxie

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do u clean the waste in your little water jungle?

I vacuum the sand with a hose and use a turkey baster between cleanings to remove turds.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChocoUniversa:
    Why is there a red 2 next to the room
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    ChocoUniversa has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • ellarose:
    +1
    Unlike
  • ellarose:
    Go to the fishless cycle tab :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • MidgetMan:
    @tduzz, where do you live? Like roughly. What country are you in?
    +1
    Unlike
  • tduzz:
    @MidgetMan, Massachusetts but I can give anywhere in the new England area
    +1
    Unlike
  • AMurry24537:
    @ChocoUniversa, Buy some ammonia and an eyedropper from Walmart and a water test kit for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Figure out (through testing) how many drops it will take to get the ammonia level to the test's maximum measurement. Add that same number of drops every 24 hours. Eventually, the ammonia will start to go down as it's converted to nitrites. Keep adding ammonia. The nitrite levels will spike for a while and then they too will start to go down as they convert to nitrates. These you get rid of by doing water changes, which you should be doing anyway throughout the process. Once all of these are at low levels, your aquarium is ready. It takes about a month, maybe two (mine took a month and a half). Be sure to add ammonia until the day of or the day before you add your axolotl.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Kmia_13:
    Hey guys, this is my first time using this so bear with me. I have an adult axie who looks like he’s developed some fungus on gills. It’s still really small and only on one part. I put him in a 10 gal quarantine tank with an Indian almond leaf. I want to give him a black tea bath but not sure if I can add my black tea to the tank with the Indian almond leaf in there. Any advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Gillygills:
    Hi, My axolotl has just started morphing, but has some fungal spot behind the gill.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Gillygills:
    Should I fridge therapy and salt wash? or will this not be wise when she is morphing.
    +1
    Unlike
  • BChen3695:
    Need help identifying what’s wrong with my axolotl
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Unlike
  • madcaplaughs:
    @BChen3695, what are your parameters and temp? The fact that they're raised bumps could indicate fungus or bacterial infection.
    +2
    Unlike
  • XxJennXx:
    Hi! I have recently gotten a spotted salamander. Did some research and found lots of info, but just wondering if they brumate in captivity! Thank you to anyone who can answer this ☺
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    Hello its urgent!
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    I have a tiger salamander and i got him as a gift , recently it looks like something has been eating at his tail! Almost like its dissolving..? Ive checked that there is no other bugs in the closure, ive also ben giving him salt baths but its inly getting worse. Sorry if its much hahaha im just super worried!😓
    +1
    Unlike
  • afmtgn:
    Hi @Pookisoo it seems to be a fungal disease
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    @XxJennXx, I don't believe so. They are closely related to tigers and my tiger doesn't brumate. I think first year they might but after they see they aren't needing to, they should be good. They might try and hibernate to, mine did for the first year but now I see him crawling around right now.
    +1
    Unlike
  • XxJennXx:
    @MVM1991, ok thanks :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    @afmtgn, is there anything i can do about it?
    +1
    Unlike
  • RG:
    @Pookisoo, The refrigerator is a good hospital for tigers.Temperature between 7 and 2 degrees Celsius can stop bacteria. If necessary or if you dare 0 to -2 can also help.Reduce the temperature in a few days from 7 degrees to 2. After that you can reduce further. Feel free to let it sit for a few weeks. Place the animal in a plastic container with a lid with some air holes. Fill it with some soil and / or leaves. Check regularly whether there is still moisture or ice in this container. At temperatures above 2 degrees, they do not go into hibernation. They will then live on their reserves. Doing nothing is not an option, I speak from experience. You can avoid these kinds of problems by keeping them fairly dry for much of the year.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Paige1warren:
    Hi guys! I’m new to this site and a new axolotl owner. I’ve had my baby (his name is toothpick) for about a month or so now. I finally got a water testing kit and I tested the perimeters earlier today. My ammonia was at 3 ppm and my nitrite was at 2 ppm. This freaked me out because I know they are supposed to be at 0 ppm. I did a water change a little bit ago and it went down to ammonia 1 ppm and in between 1-2 ppm nitrate. I change 50% of my water weekly and clean up any pieces of waste or excess food with a turkey bastwr everyday. Could this just be because the tank isn’t fully cycled yet? Should I be concerned? Toothpick hasn’t shown any signs of distress
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    @RG, yeah.. im a new owner and i thought just giving salt baths would work, Thank you so much for this tho!🤗
    +1
    Unlike
  • Pookisoo:
    Sorry again... but when i take him out is he supposed to be moving funny..? Sorry hahaha🤕
    +1
    Unlike
    Pookisoo: Sorry again... but when i take him out is he supposed to be moving funny..? Sorry hahaha🤕 +1