Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

FYI: Very strange Axolotl color morph...

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Sander, Pirate had quite a few offspring with her mutation. Jacob offers that line for sale from time to time.

SanderB

Reaction score
Sander, Pirate had quite a few offspring with her mutation. Jacob offers that line for sale from time to time.
Hmm, America is about on the other side of the world, I don´t think shipping some to Belgium is an option :tongue:

SwissAxie

Reaction score
Hey Jake and all :)

I just read through this post again. Just fascinating. I've been given a chimera last summer. The owner thought she was sick and I was able to tell her otherwise. Then this incredible woman just offered her to me !

I have a brother and a sister of hers (same parents but not same clutch). I will put them together as soon as the littluns are big enough. And then reproduce them, just as Jake did, to see if there is any chimeras coming out of it, again :)

Barbara

Silver

Reaction score
A chimera is an animal with two sets of DNA instead of one. They usually end up exhibiting different markings/colors/etc on the different sides of their body.

Fimbriae

Reaction score
I believe it to be a Chimera, something to due to an embryonic cell division anomaly as I understand -but I am no expert in genetics.

Denaye

Reaction score
After a week of looking I found these two, I know I have some of younger embryos, but I can't find them right now.

picture.php

picture.php
Pics won't load ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!